Core values, Code of conduct & Ethics Core Values
Students seeking admission and trust of their parents are the primary reasons we exist as an Institution. Our core values are:
- Accountability:The roles and responsibilities are assigned and people are held accountable for their We feel our liability towards the society and our actions add values to the Institute.
- Integrity:All the activities should be conducted in an ethical Research and teaching shall be carried out in an environment of academic freedom and honesty.
- Responsibility:Everybody in the Institute is expected to discharge his/her duties with due
- Service to Nation: Institute is committed to developing the skilled manpower to serve the
- Faculty Empowerment: Institute promotes and encourages faculty in their individual academic development and provides scope for enhancement in their participation in general
- Transparency:The general records of maximum aspects of the functioning are maintained online to encourage transparency.
- Respect of Individual: While carrying out the interactions at all levels, the dignity and respect of an individual is observed.
- Environmental stewardship: Committed in practicing green technologies for sustainable development of the Nation.
Code of Conduct for Students
Every student in the Institute is expected to be involved only in activities that are likely to maintain the prestige of the Institute. Each student should behave respectfully with all.
Following actions constitute the Institute code of conduct.
- Disciplined Conduct: Any behavior obstructing teaching, research, administration, other proceedings or activities in the campus are entitled for
- Daily assembly: – The day starts with National Anthem followed by Birthday wishes and Thought for the Achievers are felicitated and their efforts are appreciated.
- Dress Code: Students are required to follow the dress code prescribed by the Institute, i.e. bluejeans and white shirt every day except Saturday. So that the students belonging to all economic strata are accommodated equally.
- Honesty:Malpractices/Cheating during test/examination or knowingly furnishing false information are prohibited and strictly dealt with at the same time things like plagiarism are prohibited for faculty also.
- Transparent Administration: With the help of MIS online information is maintained regarding attendance of students and conduction of classes by teachers.
Bio metric attendance of staff, leave records, salary slips etc are maintained online.
- Conservation of Natural resources, Energy and Environment: Every student and Staff are expected to be aware of these things and maintain the conduct
- Cleanliness: Every student and staff is expected to maintain the general cleanliness within the classrooms, laboratories and the campus in general.
- Respect for women: Students must take care that his/her behaviour is impeccable toward opposite gender. Any unwelcome behaviour towards female students and employees in written, spoken, gestural or physical directly or indirectly would be dealt with as per the Law. Vishakha Samiti is in place to take care of.
- Hostel Discipline: Rules and regulations are laid down for conduct in Hostels has to be strictly followed by each student.
- Prohibition of Ragging: Ragging is any conduct by a student as an individual or group of them whether by words spoken or written, or by an act, which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling the fresher or any other student with rudeness will be treated as ragging and will be entitled for disciplinary action.
- Drugs/Alcohol/ Tobacco: Sale, distribution, manufacture use and possession of drugs that are not prescribed by physician or are not legal in the open market are prohibited. Alcohol and Tobacco products are also prohibited in the Campus and in the
- Possession or use of Fire arms,Fireworks, Explosives, Weapons or items of destruction are
The Institute is a community of cultured intellectuals. It is expected that, the freedom should be with sense of responsibility. Being aware of the rights should go together with consciousness towards duties. All pleasures are to be enjoyed with sense of morality. All arguments should take place maintaining the dignity. Wealth with work, Pleasure with conscience, Knowledge with character, Commerce with morality, Science with humanity, Religion with sacrifice and Politics with principle.
The character of the Institution is built with the discipline and harmony in the functioning. Certain policies are to be formed and communicated to all the elements to strike the balance between the freedom and responsibilities, rights and duties, in pursuit of knowledge, respecting all the individuals.
Gracious College of Education has got a code of conduct for the staff as well as students. Along with the general code of conduct prescribed by the Statutory Regulatory
Authorities, the Institute has certain mandatory requirements.
Gracious College of Education students assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the Institute’s norms. Every individual is held responsible for his/her actions.
Code of conduct for Teachers
1. The teacher shall perform all his/her duties faithfully and will not avoid responsibility.
- Failure to perform his/her academic duties such as lecturing, demonstration, assessment,invigilation etc.
- Gross partiality assessment of students, deliberately over/under making or attempt of victimization on any grounds.
- Inciting or instigating students against other students, colleagues, administration, (This does not interfere with his right to express the differences on principles in seminars other places where students are )
- Raising questions of castes, creed or religion race or sex in his relationship with the students and his colleagues and trying to use the above considerations for improvement of his prospects.
- Refusal to carry out the decisions of appropriate authorities, officers, administrative and academic bodies of the college, this will not inhibit his right to express his difference with their policies or decisions, express his difference with their policies or decisions, expression, provided that he will not use the facilities or forum of the Institute to propagate his own ideas or beliefs for or against particular party of alignment of political or religious
- Involution of the Anti-academic activities directly or indirectly such
- Writing of questions-answers guide, key, likely questions, cyclo styled or Xerox notes,
- Undertaking of any office of profit,
The teacher shall not avoid any work related to the University/Institute examinations without reasonable grounds.
- The behavior of the teacher with male and female students and other employees shall be
- The Teacher
- Strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any are in which he may happen to be for the time being.
- Not consume any intoxicating drink or be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug, during the courses of his duty, and shall also take due care that the performance of his duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of any such drink or \
- Refrain from consuming any intoxicating drink or drug in a public
- Not appear in a public place in state of
- Not use any intoxicating drink or dug in excess so that he is unable to control his
- Violation of Anti-bigamy Act and Anti-dowry Act in any manner directly or